My family went out to dinner at Madame Tam Bistro in downtown Palo Alto last night and had scrumptious Vietnamese fusion. I ordered the shrimp vermicelli bowl, my mum got the pumpkin curry, and we shared the two dishes together. Even though I hadn’t eaten all day, I couldn’t finish the giant bowl of noodles so we poured the remaining pumpkin curry sauce over them and took them home.
For lunch today, I put the leftovers plus some extra goodies in a practice tortilla bowl (I’m making a tortilla bowl Mexican buffet for dinner for our family friends tomorrow) and ate it sitting on the kitchen floor with my cat, Socks. I think she liked the smell of the chicken.
The bowl had a smaller capacity than I had anticipated, I would recommend using the largest tortilla you can find!
My Recipe: Pumpkin Vermicelli in Tortilla Bowl
- 1 tortilla (any size, any kind)
- LEFTOVERS! 1 serving vermicelli with pumpkin sauce
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced chicken (omit for veg)
- a few spoonfulls frozen peas
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray an oven-safe bowl with oil and place the tortilla inside, folding in some corners so that it fits inside the bowl.
- Bake the tortilla for 15-20 mins, until lightly browned on the edges and crispy on the bottom. Remove it from the bowl and let cool.
- Microwave the leftovers. Dice the avocado and chicken.
- Put the leftovers, avocado, chicken, and peas in the crispy tortilla bowl.